Year 1 2022 - 2023
Mrs Beechey and Mrs Finch are our
Miss Willis is our
Welcome to Year One!
Our class Christian Value is ‘Compassion’
Mrs Finch and Mrs Beechey are our Class Teachers. Miss Willis, our fabulous teaching assistant, is in class every morning.
In Year One we try to make the transition from Reception as easy and as smooth as possible. We recognise the importance of learning through play in 'continuous provision' but also prepare children for the challenges of Year 2.
- Home learning challenges are provided each term on a chilli challenge sheet. There are a range of activities to choose from, which are designed to be fun and consolidate learning across the curriculum. Challenges may be completed independently or alongside adults. At least two of the tasks are worksheets, which you can complete via Class Dojo or on a paper copy.
- Reading books will be changed every Friday. Please try to read at home at least three times a week and ensure that reading books and reading diaries are in school every day.
- We will also have a spelling quiz every Friday. Spellings on the quiz will be taught and practised in class that week. Spellings will also be posted in advance on class dojo so that you can also practise them at home if you wish.
- In the Summer term PE will be on Mondays. Please come to school in your PE kit on that day.
- Our Summer Research Project is 'We Are Britain'. We will be learning about the four home nations in a really fun way.
- To make any last minute changes to collection arrangements for your child, please telephone the school office.
If you have any questions, worries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. Come and see us at the classroom door or send us a message on Class Dojo.
Files to Download
Year 1: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 1: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1: Galleries items
There are no Galleries items to display
Year 1: School calendar items
Y1 Phonics Screening Week, by Mrs Martin