At St Luke’s Church of England Primary School, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding will enable us to continue and extend our provision through employing additional sports professionals, entering into more competitive sports competitions and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
Primary School’s Sports Funding
Please visit the Department of Education website to find further information on the Primary School’s Sports Funding.
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. Each school receives £16,000 plus an extra £5 per pupil each year. St Luke’s CE allocation for 2020/21 is £17800. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the Sainsbury’s school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and residential visits
Please click on the 'St Luke's Sports Premium Impact Report' link below to see the break down of how our school spent the Primary School's Sports Fund for 2021/22.
Please click on the 'St Luke's Sports Premium Spend' link below to see the break down of how our school will spend the Primary School's Sports Fund for 2022/23.
Please visit our Sports page for more information on what is happening in school.